Start a new application:
Return to a "Saved" application:
Project Bread is pleased to offer a grant opportunity for Summer Eats sponsors to support increased participation and quality of the Summer Eats program throughout Massachusetts for the 2020 summer season. Project Bread's Summer Meals grants are open to any new or existing sponsor in Massachusetts. Funding from $500-$4,000 is available and may be used for personnel, transportation, outreach materials, equipment, and other non-reimbursable food expenses. Application deadline has been extended until May 15, 2020 or until funding has been fully allocated.
Grant awards range from $500-$4,000 per sponsor
For more information on Project Bread's Child Nutrition Outreach Program grant opportunities, please contact CNOP at CNOP@projectbread.org or at 617-239-5000.
Reigniting and inspiring grassroots engagement to build a movement of people passionate about ending hunger, The Commonwealth is a program that allows our community anti-hunger partners to leverage The Walk for Hunger to directly raise funds for your own anti-hunger work!
Eligible organizations are invited to join The Commonwealth to directly raise funds for their own anti-hunger work, by forming a single Walk for Hunger team to represent the organization and retaining 60% of funds raised with the remaining 40% of funds raised applied to the statewide effort and cost of the event.
Teams in The Commonwealth must meet a minimum fundraising threshold of $500 to qualify for the 60/40 split. Once met, the total amount raised by the team will be allocated to the 60/40 split, excluding registration fees.
The Walk for Hunger is on May, 3, 2020 on Boston Common.
All programs wishing to participate and form teams in The Commnwealth must complete the enrollment form, by April 15, 2020. This is to verify eligibility.
Complete the enrollment form at www.projectbread.org/jointhecommonwealth
The form is hosted in Project Bread's grant making portal. If you have never created an account before, you will need to before accessing the form.
All donations must be received by Project Bread, by June 30, 2020. Donations received after this date will contribute to the statewide effort.
Funds raised by teams participating in The Commonwealth in 2020 will be granted and released to their organization by September 30, 2020.
All non-profit programs making healthy food more accessible and/or affordable to low-income people in Massachusetts are eligible to participate in The Commonwealth. Examples include:
Use of Funds
Funds should be used by anti-hunger efforts only. This can include general operating for anti-hunger programs. Eligible use of funds: School teams, health centers, etc... raising money for:
Funding exemptions: Nutrition education and federally-reimbursable food costs
I submitted the enrollment form, now what?
Project Bread's Walk for Hunger Team will be in touch to support you! You will receive an email which will include:
We live too far from Boston to attend the event, or can't make it. Can we still participate?
Yes! Participants can create personal fundraising pages by registering Virtual Walkers. Virtual Walkers can join teams, and even form teams as Captains. There is no registration fee for Virtual Walkers.
Can we use a different Team Name from the one Project Bread provided us?
No. Or at least not without asking first. This is so we can keep track of who has been approved to join The Commonwealth, as there can only be a single team per program. If you want to us a different name, because your program is better known in the community as something else, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and will will consider on a case-by-case basis.
We want to have more than one team to support our program, can we do that?
No. All programs participating in The Commonwealth are allowed one team. Funds raised by two teams cannot be combined at any point. And only funds raised under the approved Team Name will be eligible for the 60/40 split.
Is there a limit to the size of my team, or the amount we can raise?
No. There is no limitation on team size or amount of money you can raise.
I'm a member of the community, but I want to start a team in The Commonwealth to support a local program. Can I do that?
Yes! You will need to contact that program or organization to verify they haven't already started a team you can join, and ask them to submit the eligibility form found on www.projectbread.org/jointhecommonwealth. Once they do that and are approved, they can hand you the keys to form the team and be the Team Captain.
You play an important role in our work. Funds for our Community Grant Program are largely made possibly by people like you—caring residents who take part in our annual community fundraiser, the Walk for Hunger (May 5, 2019), and dedicated corporate partners committed to ending hunger in Massachusetts. Until hunger ends, join us.