We are dedicated to helping you reach your fundraising goal! In addition to fundraising tips and resources found on this page, our success coaches are only a phone call or email away if you need any assistance or materials.
After you are registered, you will receive your own personal fundraising page.
- The first thing you should do is login to your Walk Center and personalize your fundraising page! Your best fundraising tool is your own story about why you are participating and supporting the Walk for Hunger. Update the photo and write a personal message. This will make the cause more personal and help your donors know they are in the right place to make a donation or join your team.
- Pro fundraising tip! You can make a Facebook fundraiser directly through your Walk Center. It will be created automatically and all donations made through Facebook will show up on your Walk for Hunger fundraising page as well to count toward your fundraising goal. To create a Facebook fundraiser, just login to your Walk Center and click "Fundraise on Facebook" in the dark blue box on the right.
Tools & Resources
Download and print these templates, forms and fundraising how-tos to help you reach and surpass your fundraising goal!
Asking for donations
- Start off with quick asks through email and Facebook (or other social media). Make a list of all of your potential donors and have "ask days" where you share about the important work the Walk for Hunger supports and your involvement this year. Remember to always include a link to your fundraising page so your donors can easily make a donation to support you.
- Ask often! On average, it takes six reminders for someone to take action. Often your friends and family intend to donate, but simply forget in their busy schedules!
- Take advantage of the fundraising resources in your Walk Center as well as below. You will find sample email templates, sample social media posts, business card templates, and much more.
Sample Facebook Posts
- I believe that good food is a basic right! That is why I am participating in Project Bread's 51st Walk for Hunger on May 5. The Walk for Hunger raises awareness and funds to support programs that help those in need access and afford food. Help me reach my fundraising goal—support my Walk by making a donation to my page! [link to your fundraising page]
- 1 in 10 Massachusetts residents can't reliably predict where their next meal is coming from. That's why I'm joining the Project Bread's 51st Walk for Hunger on May 5, a 20-mile Massachusetts tradition of neighbors helping neighbors. Please consider making as generous a donation as you are able. All donations directly support hundreds of programs across the state that ensure everyone, regardless of income, can access nutritious food throughout the year. [link to your fundraising page]
- On May 5, I'll be participating in the 51st Walk for Hunger! Help us reach our fundraising goal by making a donation to our page: [link to your team page or your own fundraising page]. The money raised through the Walk funds community-based programs that help people put food on the table. Join my team! Visit projectbread.org/walk, click "Join a Team" and search for our team name, [insert team name], or contact me directly!
Prefer to fundraise offline? Download and print out a Pledge Sheet to keep track of your donations and fundraising progress.
Mail checks to:Project Bread
- Your donors should make checks payable to the "Project Bread." You can mail checks directly to our office or bring them with you to the Check-in Tent on Walk Day. Don't forget to include your name (for a donation to you) or your team name (for a donation to your team) in the memo line so we can correctly credit the donation.
145 Border Street
East Boston, MA 02128