Heart and Sole Champion
Are you looking to make a deeper and meaningful impact toward alleviating hunger for food-insecure families and individuals across the state? Join our new ambassador program and become a Heart & Sole Champion!
This is an opportunity to become more involved in Project Bread's work, spread awareness about the Walk, and help us further our mission.
In order to become a Heart & Sole Champion, each individual must raise $1,000 or more. If the individual is 17 years old or younger, he or she can become a Heart & Sole Youth Champion and will only be required to raise $750 or more.
In addition to fundraising, each Champion must also meet two out of the four below functions:
- Recruit 3 or more friends or family members to walk with you–start a team or have them join your existing team!
- Hold at least one fundraising event (bake sale, yard sale, craft sale, dinner fundraiser, fundraiser at work, etc)
- Dedicate one day at the Project Bread office and volunteer your time helping us advance our mission and fundraising goals. If you cannot physically come to our office, we can provide tasks for you to complete at home!
- Speak on behalf of Project Bread at Walk for Hunger events and for media opportunities.
Exclusives for Heart & Sole Champions
As a token of our appreciation, Heart & Sole Champions will receive the following:
- Special verbal mention at the Walk for Hunger
- Invitation to a special post-Walk celebration with Project Bread Executive Director, Ellen Parker
- Eligibility to earn up to 20 community service hours (for Heart & Sole Youth Champions)
We have always said that the Walk for Hunger is your walk, founded and sustained by dedicated people wanting to make a real difference in supporting neighbors struggling with hunger. Being a Heart & Sole Walker or a Heart & Sole Champion are at the heart of what has made the Walk successful for 49 years.
*If you would like to become a Heart & Sole Champion, please contact Eric Si, Heart & Sole Manager prior to Friday, March 31st so he can come up with a plan specifically for you. He can be reached at 617-239-2506 or at Eric_Si@projectbread.org