September 29, 2014
Chef Guy’s Corn & Black Bean Salad
This is a simple delicious salad that works well with any Mexican-style entrée, like tacos.
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
For the salad
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 15 ounce can of kidney, pinto or black beans
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ¼ cup of chopped red onion
- ¼ cup of dried parsley
- ½ cup of crumbled feta cheese
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon or lime juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and minced
- Pinch of salt
To make the salad:
- Drain & rinse beans in cold water.
- Put the corn kernels, beans, tomato, red onion and parsley into a medium bowl and mix well.
To make the dressing:
- Put the olive oil, lemon or lime juice, cilantro, garlic and salt into the small bowl. With a fork or whisk, mix well.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate at least an hour and up to overnight.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
Building Sustainable Food Systems,
News and Events,
Children and Schools