The Development Database Administrator supports the operation of Project Bread’s Development Office and partners with the Director of Constituent Relationship Management to maintain and improve the Raiser’s Edge NXT donor database. This individual is responsible for all data entry and proper gift acknowledgment, ensuring database hygiene and integrity, maintaining efficient database operations, and most important, ensuring that the database is an effective fundraising tool for the development department. The incumbent will also assist in all areas of donor engagement as needed, including but not limited to donor research, liaison to business office, and data preparation for events.
This position reports to the Director of Development Database.
Data Entry & Gift Acknowledgment
• Gift Processing, gift acknowledgment and reconciliation, with key attention to detail for correct campaign, fund and appeal tracking.
• Production, management and mailing of acknowledgment letters, maintaining and updating the library of letters and ensuring all gifts are acknowledged accurately.
• Reconciliation of financial reporting, restricted giving, and acknowledgments in conjunction with the Development Director and Finance Director.
Database Integrity & Hygiene Management
• Management of database hygiene, including merging duplicate records.
• Responsible for maintaining updated donor information, including running quarterly updates and finding key contact information for constituents.
• Manage and update a manual of policies and procedures for correct data entry and database management.
Development and Communications: Fundraising, Tracking and Reporting
• List pulls for direct mail, appeals, e-blasts and invitations with an eye for precision, strategy, and stewardship.
• Create queries, reports, custom reports and analysis to assist with revenue projections and tracking.
• Track, manage and report on fundraising for Project Bread’s Annual Walk for Hunger
• Track, manage and report on the matching gift program.
• Track, manage and report on monthly giving program.
• Global action and individual action management in Raiser’s Edge as directed.
• Assist with mailings, filing, meeting preparations, reporting, and other clerical functions as needed.
• Provide assistance for fundraising events and activities.
• Partner with Development Staff to provide research reports on donors and prospects as directed.
• Manage and update Key Information field on constituents and prospects
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND/OR SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participate in the annual Walk for Hunger, which includes working as event staff the weekend of the Walk, and attending pre-Walk events as assigned
• Participate in organization-wide events and meetings as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / ATTRIBUTES:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Advanced knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred.
• Keen attention to detail
• Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and to work effectively under deadline pressure
• Strong organizational skills and problem-solving ability
• Able to work independently at times, as well as part of a team
• Flexibility and creativity
• An interest in anti-hunger solutions
To Apply: Please send a resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Project Bread is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on sexuality or gender identity