Nav menu toggle
Nav menu toggle
Close nav menu

Communications and Content Associate

Project Bread is a leading statewide organization committed to ending hunger for Massachusetts residents of all ages. In collaboration with key partners, we deploy a two-pronged approach to achieve this goal:

Project Bread is a vibrant organization with a deep commitment to creating positive social change. We work in a fast-paced environment that values learning and an entrepreneurial approach. Knowing its importance to the success of our work, Project Bread is committed to diversity and inclusion, and we aspire to build a diverse staff team and community, including groups that are traditionally underrepresented among our sector leadership. We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Please be sure to submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization. We appreciate your time and will review and respond to all applications received.

To assist us in meeting our mission, Project Bread is seeking a Communications and Content Associate to join our team. The Communications and Content Associate will work in collaboration with the Assistant Director of Communications and Content to develop and execute external communications and appeals across multiple channels including print, digital, social media platforms, and public relations channels. They will also serve as a liaison to Project Bread’s public relations consultants and coordinate and execute PR efforts on an ongoing basis. 

Supervisor: Assistant Director of Communications and Content

The Role: The successful candidate for this role will be creative, passionate, self-directed, and possess excellent written communication skills. This role is 60% writing. Over the course of the year, the other 40% of this role will be dedicated to project management, social media support, researching industry trends and prospective funders/donors and assisting the Assistant Director of Communications and Content as aligned with strategic priorities and seasonal campaigns. 

Primary Responsibilities:

Secondary Responsibilities:

Qualifications:

Additional Qualifications:

There are innumerable ways to learn, grow and excel professionally. We know people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We respect this when we review applications and take a broad look at the experience of each applicant. We want to get to know you and the unique strengths you will bring to the work. This said, we are most likely to be interested in your candidacy if you can demonstrate the majority of the qualifications and experiences listed below.


Review of applications will begin June 20th and continue until the position is filled.

Please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample in MS Word or PDF format, to jobs@projectbread.org.

Project Bread is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services. Knowing its importance to the success of our work, Project Bread is committed to diversity and inclusion, and we aspire to build a diverse staff team and community, including groups that are traditionally underrepresented among our sector leadership. Please contact Paul Higgins at jobs@projectbread.org if you would like to request special accommodations during the interview process.