Boston SNAP (Food Stamp) Enrollment Coordinator
Project Bread – The Walk for Hunger is a leading statewide organization committed to preventing and ending hunger for Massachusetts residents of all ages. In collaboration with key partners, we deploy a two-pronged approach to achieve this goal:
- Provide immediate relief to those who are hungry today.
- Eradicate the systemic causes of hunger.
To assist us in meeting our mission, Project Bread – The Walk for Hunger is seeking a SNAP Enrollment Coordinator to work closely with the SNAP team. The SNAP Enrollment Coordinator will work to increase participation in SNAP (previously known as The Food Stamp Program) by screening clients for eligibility and helping them with the application process using the state's online application tool, the Virtual Gateway.
Supervisor: Director of Community Outreach
Supervises: No direct reports
Project Bread's SNAP Enrollment Coordinator will serve as an independent, reliable, compassionate client advocate to support our SNAP outreach activities at community health centers in Greater Boston. This position requires fluency in Spanish and consistent access to a personal vehicle.
- Liaise with the Department of Transitional Assistance to ensure clients are enrolled in SNAP.
- Promote SNAP and other federal nutrition programs to clients.
- Promote usage of Project Bread's FoodSource Hotline and SNAP website.
- Prepare monthly SNAP application assistance reports.
- Perform other related tasks as needed.
- Take part in Project Bread activities related to The Walk for Hunger including working the weekend of the Walk For Hunger.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish.
- Access to personal transportation.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written, oral communication skills; attention to detail; proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Authentic passion for the mission and vision of Project Bread- The Walk for Hunger.
- Cultural sensitivity.
- Sense of humor.
Project Bread is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
Please submit resume and cover letter, in MS Word or PDF format, to email@example.com.