2018 Walk for Hunger Corporate Relations Campaign Associate
Project Bread-The Walk for Hunger is the leading statewide anti-hunger organization committed to providing everyone in Massachusetts with reliable, sustainable access to nutritious food. In collaboration with key partners, Project Bread takes a two-pronged approach to ending hunger:
- Provide immediate relief to those who are hungry today
- Eradicate the systemic causes of hunger
Project Bread’s Walk for Hunger brings together thousands of participants to speak up against hunger and raise needed funds to support hundreds of vital programs working to end hunger across the Commonwealth. On May 6, 2018, Project Bread will celebrate the 50th Walk for Hunger, and we are seeking candidates to join our campaign team during this exciting anniversary year.
We’re seeking individuals who are passionate about social justice and alleviating hunger. The Walk for Hunger Corporate Relations Campaign Associate is part of a team responsible for the support, motivation, and recruitment of Walk for Hunger participants, focusing on corporate team and sponsor participation and stewardship. Employment in this position begins January 8, 2018 and ends May 25, 2018.
- Acting as a member of the 2018 campaign team, drive participation and fundraising for the 2018 Walk for Hunger and 5K Run
- Coordinate the fulfillment of corporate sponsor benefits for Walk for Hunger sponsors
- Act as primary liaison between Project Bread and corporate Walk for Hunger teams, helping them to meet or exceed fundraising goals through regular phone, email and personal contact
- Respond to all customer service calls and web-related inquires as needed.
- Create and maintain thorough and detailed Raiser’s Edge database records, accurately tracking Walk participants and interactions.
- Maintain a tracking system of corporate team participants and their personal and company fundraising
- Coordinate logistics for corporate Walk Kickoff events and registration events
- Participate in pre-Walk events, including registration events, the Kickoff Breakfast, stewardships events, and other related events as assigned.
- Schedule, coordinate and give presentations about food insecurity and the Walk for Hunger to interested organizations and corporations
- Research and solicit in-kind and cash Walk sponsorships, as needed
- Perform warehouse support and materials fulfillment, and front office coverage as needed.
- Work as event staff for The Walk for Hunger on Sunday, May 6, 2018, and assist with event setup on Saturday, May 5, 2018.
- Participate in the evaluation of the Walk for Hunger and all post-Walk follow-ups, including thank you outreach.
- BA or equivalent experience required
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills required
- Superior phone skills required
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Fundraising experience preferred
- Passion for Project Bread’s mission
- Maturity and cultural sensitivity
- Proven ability to manage projects both in a team environment and independently.
- Ability to lift heavy boxes
- Experienced in the Microsoft Office suite, in particular Word and Excel.
- Raiser’s Edge, Luminate, or other CRM experience a plus.
- A sense of humor!
The position is an hourly non-exempt position working 32 hours per week, Monday – Thursday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with an hour for lunch (the lunch hour is unpaid) and Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Some early mornings, evenings, and weekend work hours that are in addition to the 32 hours per week are required for events, speaking engagements, Volunteer trainings, the Walk for Hunger and many other days the month immediately prior to the Walk.
Salary and Benefits:
The Associate position pays $16/hour with benefits. We offer competitive health and dental benefits as well as a subsidy towards public transportation costs. We offer sick time, vacation time and holiday pay.
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no calls.